Monday, January 26, 2009

Some Things Stick

"I need to go to work so I can keep buying you cookies!"

"YOU NEED TO LET ME CLEAN THESE EARRINGS OR I AM SENDING THEM BACK TO YOUR MOTHER IN A BENT UP ENVELOPE!"

"You have a big butt...compared to me."

"The last couple times it's been all about you."

"You've been a lot less crabby since you broke up, like, a lot happier."

"Every morning I wake up and I THANK GOD I met you."

The above comments were all made by different men in my life. They are put in chronological order as I remember them.

I know that who I am is solidly based on how I have been treated by men throughout my years. For good, and bad...

When I was thinking about all of these separate but related comments, I realized there were two significant men in my life that I couldn't think of a particular comment they made. I thought this fact was significant in itself.

I thought I might have more to say once I got these words down, but I guess that is it. I'll let you ponder what has stuck with you over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment