Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pushing Forward

Day Three!

I had a wonderful night. Filled with people I didn't know I liked so much. This was probably at least the fifth time that I have seen many of them. But last night was different. I felt so welcomed and so comfortable. I had open and honest conversations about my life, where I'm at and where I want to go. At one point John came up to me and said how glad he was that I was there. He made a completely profound (although drunken) statement about Christmas time and how important it was that family and friends were all around. And I felt like I was a part of that. It was very comforting.

I caught a glimpse of their world, and how my man fits into it. How revered he is as a person and a musician. All I remember is the smiles on all their faces all night long. They are burned on my mind. And even now, 15 hours later, they still make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment